Saturday, July 19, 2008

SPILT OIL


5 x 7"
Oil on museum wrapped canvas
Please contact me thru
www.suzanneberry.com for
purchase info

I kept my promise to myself and it feels very good. This is a somewhat quick study of one of the hubs' main implements of construction in the kitchen. The ever-present, mighty EVOO bottle, or better known to us civilians as—the extra virgin olive oil bottle. Great looking bottle. Very "new" old world, no?

I want to get into the habit of quick and really quick oil studies. I think it might spirit me away from the pinpoint study of a highlight to loosely splashing in the paint and thereby achieve the look and feel of spontaneity.

I felt the fear of failure again and embraced it with an open mind. It's like that one relative we all seem to have in our families. The one who knows everything and can't possibly be told anything new. If I were so confident that each piece will end up being perfect, what's the point of sitting down? Where's the excitement? The challenge? Oh my! Was that another growth spurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!