Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OUT OF THE BOX


6x8"
oil on canvas
$125

I tend to take things literally. It's a problem. When my mother worried I was weird because I spent most of my time alone in my room with an 18x24" pad of the best ever nubbly paper and a collection of 4, 5 and 6B pencils, she insisted I join my cousin's 4-H Club. I had no interest but off I went. I was given the job of secretary at our first meeting. When we adjourned, the pres asked me to read the minutes back. I looked at my watch and promptly shot back... "25!"

Today's theme for dailypainters.com is obvious, no?

6 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I'd love to buy you a drink one day and just hear more stories like the one you related. Too funny!

    I love the way you approached this challenge. The dark expansive background and the box lends the viewer so many stories that can be inspired by the image. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you didn't just use plain old browns for the box.

    I see some nice reddish-browns and warm yellow-tans which give this simple subject matter some life and personality.

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. fan tab u lous! The best story I've heard in a really long time. Also a cool painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! You were really thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the strong simplicity of this. Beautiful color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Proof that anything can be subject matter when handled as expertly as you did this.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!