Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THE MASTIFF


16x20"
oil on canvas
SOLD

It's not finished, but I wanted to post today, so I am. It's close though. Can you believe what an amazing face this beast has? And what fun it's been painting it. Such a magnificent presence, strong and yet gentle and loving. So much going on in that mug, or snout or pout, whatever. All those hills and valleys. When I worked with pastels, one of my favorite for cool shadows was caput mortum, lots of that here. Wish I had more time. This is supposed to be shipped out this coming Monday. Crank up the heat and close the door in the storage room, which in actuality is a small bedroom and hope for the best. Happy T-Day!

2 comments:

  1. I have a mastiff, Suzanne. I love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, Suzanne. I love his face (makes me smile), you gave him an air of "Gentle Giant"...lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!