Tuesday, December 23, 2008

GIRL


Detail
24x36'
oil on canvas
NFS

I promised I wasn't going to whine about how long my paintings are taking to dry, but I lied. Expletives are bouncing around in my head and trying their damnedest to get out through my fingertips to the keyboard, but I'm cool, I think! I've got seven paintings going and they are all still too wet to work on. Perhaps I'm applying the layers to thickly. I'm chompin at the bit to get going on each one, but all I seem to be able to do is start new ones. I guess that's good, but, patience is not one of my strong suits and I've been given to sulking lately. Hard to believe I know, what with me being so positive and optimistic an all. I rushed through "Trucks" and I wasn't at all satisfied so I'll just slow my roll and keep working.

And try and find something to post in the meantime. Tomorrow I'm going back to canvas and working wet on wet and stay there until these other pieces are dry enough to continue on. Linen continues to vex and not posting is obviously affecting my normally sunny disposition and my sense of accomplishment. If I posted as many paintings as I do excuses, all would be well in my strange little universe. One feels "the dog ate my daily" will soon appear as a title. This is a detail of a portrait I did over ten years ago.

Can you believe Christmas is this week? I feel as though I just came in from moving the sprinkler off the lawn. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Happy and Very Healthy. And let's do like Joni suggested and drag our feet to slow the circle down, time is going much to fast.

2 comments:

  1. The portrait is radiant. Rest on your laurels while the paint is drying.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sensitive portrait. Your work is top notch!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!