Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PLUNDERED BOUNTY



5x7"
oil on canvas
$125

I won't wax poetic, yet again, regarding the consumption of mollusks, as I presume the painting covers that subject quite adequately. Come to think of it, my intestinal torment occurred not two days following the aforementioned consumption. However, I am confident we ingested adequate amounts of "germ killer" to render the raw delicacy quite harmless. We had cause to celebrate and entertained a bottle of Patron for a few daze. Heaven!

There's something so ancient about clam shells. They seem old and wise. Whenever I slide the clam knife through and they crack open, I expect the secret of the universe to pour out. It hasn't, yet, but until then, I'm quite content with what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!