Thursday, May 8, 2008

Apples


This was quite an experience. I realized that I hadn't toned a fresh supply of small canvasses last night, so I toned some and set one out in front of a fan so it would be ready for work this morning. It wasn't. I spent most of the day pushing paint around a wet canvas. Not good. I use my fingers occasionally to blend and when I tried it this time the paint disappeared! Also, I thought I could get away with buying quality pre-stretched smaller canvas. The quality of these does not rock. In fact I've been pushing paint around the canvas with my brushes hoping the blends will work—the paint just sort of sits on the surface. I think next week I'll stretch my own and see how that works.

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne, even though you had to cope with a wet canvas, wonderful results....I like your composition...somehow, the apples have a presence, almost a personality, in the way it's all balanced.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!