Friday, May 9, 2008

MUGS


It's raining out. Dark, damp, depressing, the perfect afternoon for Miles, red wine and a daily painting. The shot I took of it isn't that good, but it gets the point across. I took a gazillion photographs about 10 years ago, hoping to use them for enormous, dramatic still lifes. The shots were a disappointment so I didn't use them. In digging through my stash, I found that they're perfect for smaller canvasses. Who knew?

The wash I used to tone my canvasses is a mix of water soluble oil and water. My husband loved the apples I did yesterday and wondered what was different. The wet canvas was different. I'll have to try that again. Perhaps the wet, toned canvas provides the perfect situation for a happy accident?

I thought this would be a nightmare but it went very well. I'm thinking of trying a small pet portrait next. Gracie and Roscoe and the most amazing Boston Terriers I've ever met. We'll see. It's the weekend, I have two days off. I want to keep painting so I'll work on some larger pieces and a pet commission to keep my hand in. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!