Tuesday, September 29, 2009

JAZZMAN



9X12"
pencil on paper
$75

Finally! Just emerging from a very intense "I can't draw anymore!" period. So strange. It's not like it goes away and then comes back again, it's more like I get lazy and don't want to finish. In my defense, I have been distracted by other duties. Thanks to himself, I pushed through. And then there's the pending visit from the puppy fairy. She's comin' heavy so I gotta be ready.

Starting a relationship with new pets is always an exciting time for me. I bought my second Shepherd when I was going through a divorce. Poor baby was a neurotic mess. But now, in hindsight, I think Dev was so extraordinary because he was raised in a loving home, with a medium amount of drama. I'm very focused on the quality of my energy and feel like I'm becoming more aware of the unavoidable human tendency to go to the dark place. It's realizing it's a choice. There's the rub!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You're sketching again! You also have two new incredibly cute subjects to draw inspiration from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, all you gotta' remind yourself is, "you can do it". If you say it out loud with a Cajun accent people will think you just watched "Waterboy". Oh yeah, nice job, yet again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww Suzanne...superb painting. I always like the way you sketch the expressions as well. Beautiful!
    Pencil Sketch: Rajasthani Man playing flute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been feeling this way lately. For me it has something to do with a bug I had last week that made me reaaallllyyyy tired and sleepy and a portrait commission I must finish using a marginal photo reference that the client likes but I'm not so crazy about. Some days working on that for only a little while really drains me. I'll be so glad when it's done!

    Thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one who feels the blahs sometime about painting.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!