Tuesday, May 5, 2009

THE BOXER


16x20"
oil on canvas
NFS

This is the painting I'll be donating to "The Art of Rescue," for boxers in a week or two. I wanted to post it unfinished because I'm never satisfied that it's better when it's done. I'm going through an "unfinished" phase, meaning, I'm more aware of wanting to bring a drawing quality into the paintings and not "finish" or complete every single square inch of it. We'll see.

I'm itching to paint more bugs but I'm on deadline for a few things and won't be able to for a couple of days. Probably will draw more however as that's a great time while sitting, mouth agape in front of the idiot box.

7 comments:

  1. wow, he's lovely, I expect he'll make a fortune for the charity. Well done you for being so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the "unfinished" look. Painterly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this! What a superb gift for your cause.

    Yes, when you get a chance, scratch that "itch" for your bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, he is beautiful and I can almost feel his velvety soft nose, especially because of the pinks. This is an awesome painting to donate for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful painting and for a truly great cause. Bless your heart and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet painting, Suzanne - beautifully done! Wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute facial expression, Suzanne!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!