Friday, May 1, 2009

JETT


16x20"
oil on canvas
sold

Meet Jett, yet another past commission. I'm working on a donation/self-promo portrait of a boxer today in spite of my deep desire to paint a bug, a desire by the way, significantly dulled by the discovery of carpenter ants in my studio! Big puppies too! A Woody Allen line comes to mind. Something about capturing and rehabilitating a rather large spider in Annie Hall's bathroom. There is a dog collar somewhere around here that just might fit too, but I don't speak "ant" which might considerably hamper the rehabilitation process. They must have thought there was a town meeting what with all bug adorned canvases lined up against the wall. I swear I can hear one walking by my foot as we speak!

It's Friday. I'm outta here. Enjoy the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend Suzanne!

    I want to do a commission like this! Jett is very handsome here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose you can say you "caught the bug." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful and colorful portrait. Love all the purples and blues in his shiny muzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jett looks great, Suzanne!

    I agree with Gwen. I too love the purples and blues in the dog's fur.

    It sounds like your next bug painting will be of dead carpenter ants! Hee hee hee.

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!