Friday, June 5, 2009

DRAWING 2


pencil on paper
9x12"
$50

I should tidy closets more often. You know all those drawing journals that you buy constantly, because this time, you're going to keep that promise and draw constantly? You know, the ones you buy because this cover is a lot cooler than the covers on the other forty-five sketchbooks you bought? Well I found one of those forgotten promises when I cleaned out the closet earlier this week and in it was this. Unfinished, untidy, but I like it so I'm posting.

A little note on a mini-ephiphany I had this morning while reading. Has nothing to do with the drawing by the way.

Like most couples, we do the "I'm right, you're wrong" tango, probably a lot more than we'd like to admit. I'm sure I'm right, even tho' I follow most proclamations with a patronizing... "but, I could be wrong," just to cover my butt. And himself? Well, he is always right. Period. So, this morning, I looked up from my book and saw into the adjoining bathroom, that he'd again cranked the skylight to the very limit to get every last breeze of fresh air in. Makes sense, however, I'd asked him not to go to the very last crank because it was feeling a tad "hinky" to me and I don't want the handle to come off in my hand one day. Looking at the skylight, yawning it's widest, I actually heard myself think..."well, when it breaks and it can't be opened, then he'll see!!" Hmmm. So, basically, I'm willing to have to deal with an expensive repair and all the inconvenience that involves, just to be proven right. Bummer.



2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm laughing so hard I can barely type this. I'm glad you're able to see what lengths you're willing to go to get an opportunity to say, "I told you so."... Fun times...

    Secondly, I quit buying drawing tablets for the very reasons you described. I've already got plenty to probably last me the rest of my life.

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had a favorite expression- "I'm not always right, but I'm NEVER wrong".
    As far as drawing constantly, I know a few that do- but never get around to painting.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!