Monday, June 8, 2009

MAKING A BEE LINE


12x36"
oil on linen
$450

I guess it was inevitable wasn't?

I'm beginning to get comfortable enough with oil to play around with it. (Apparently I'm still intimidated by it, it's been five years now.) I painted a light coat of the color I wanted for the wings and then wiped it off with a paper towel and what was left was a nice transparent feel. I also took the liberty of giving them all a bit more fur so they'd chub up and look fuzzy and, well, more cute. Ouch! Perhaps I meant more delightful...fetching?

9 comments:

  1. BEE-youtiful!!

    Really, I love your bees. Such an unusual take-- very striking. (Bee-guiling, even).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is a painting by someone intimidated by oils I'd hate to see what they could do when they get comfortable with them... This is great, Suz. And, the title is perfect. -Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic idea....beautiful painting. And I second Don....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and the way you used the entire length of the canvas. Very cool. Perfect title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! If I hadn't seen this I'd never have bee-lieved that they would make such engaging subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely, a furrier, fuzzier bee is more attractive. :) Awesome wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this painting still available?

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!