Thursday, June 12, 2008

NESTLED PEACE AND JOY


12 X 12" Oil on canvas
Please contact me through www.suzanneberry.com for purchase info.

I wanted to try something different. When one constantly paints food, there's talk.

Actually, I tried two new approaches. I admired an artist's work online and she suggested painting the canvas black and building the painting from there. Well, the white dots are eliminated, but, we're talkin' a couple 'o coats here, this ain't gonna fly for a daily. I kept thinking I had black paint in my brush, the more I applied the paint the darker it became. As a result, I'm hoping for another bright hot day tomorrow so I can put this puppy out to bake and hopefully finish it up after I finish my Friday daily.

It's graphically ok now, but when it's done, it will hopefully be more interesting. Still I'm thrilled with my new pioneer-like attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!