Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ONIONS 5 and 6


6 x 6" Oil on canvas
Please contact me through www.suzanneberry.com for purchase info

Apparently, I'm falling in love with onions. They seem delicate and robust at the same time. It's the paper thin, transparent layers of skin. I think they, like clam shells, keep their rainbow of colors hidden until they're bathed in sunlight.

I spent an inordinate amount of time in the produce isle today. There is so much to choose from. I found myself fondling a turnip like I'd never seen one before. Simply amazing. Dailies have me looking at everything more closely.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, i love this onion painting! sooo, i'm not the only one in the produce section in the grocery store fondling the pears!?
    you are so freakin talented!

    cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!