Thursday, April 9, 2009

YELLOW LAB
















12x12"
oil on canvas
sold

Another past commission. Had a mishap and brutalized my hamstring. Ouch! Good thing I paint sitting down.

Done at least two years ago, it was the last in a series of Christmas commissions. I'd been painting non-stop for about a month and a half and when I finished it I was surprised by the looseness and spontaneity of it. Now that I'm daily painting I understand why. Seems fairly obvious, but I'm only seeing it now. Silly.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning painting, Suzanne - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne! I just want to kiss this lab on his big fat nose! Take care of yourself. Big ouchies when you hurt the hamstring. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I didn't even see Bug 10, footprints and Roscoe until I came back. You have a 'tradition of excellence' young lady. Your blogs are the reason why I feel blessed to be inspired by artists like you.
    more HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!