Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SHOOTER


16x20"
oil on canvas
SOLD

I feel adrift so I decided to post a commission from last Christmas. I've changed my method of painting and the consistency of the paint I use since this piece. I remember thinking this one was close to the style in which I wanted to work, looking at it now, I've totally changed my mind.

The Mastiff I'm working on is coming along, thought I could post tonight, but no. It's my first pet commission on black canvas and the difference in the process is startling! I think listening to Jelaine's advice is the most significant change I've made in my process since I started painting professionally four years ago. Thanks,yet again.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post the Mastiff tomorrow and get back on smaller pieces while I work on a portrait commission. I miss those little buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!