Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THE BALL JAR



6 X 6"
Oil on linen
$125

I'm an emotional wreck. I have acute painting dysmorphic syndrome, I feel like a fraud and I want to throw my hands up and quit. I think it's all because I got accepted to the Daily Painter's website. One would think the voice would be pleased. I've been doing dailies for four months. Had my ups and downs, failing confidence, momentary arrogance. Now suddenly, I'm a complete fraud and I'm throwing up my hands wondering what made me think I could ever do this!

Can you believe the voice? The idiot voice! What's the big deal? Why is it so afraid of any degree of success? It was a little hard to ignore today, so I gave in and had quite the little pity party. Might as well get if over with and start fresh tomorrow. Sometimes ya just gotta feel like poop. But, I am not now, nor will I ever give up.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Daily Painters. Your painting really caught my eye on there. Very nice work, tell that little voice to shut up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, welcome to the DP sight..I think your work is fantastic. looking forward to seeing what you paint next.
    best,
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there...we all have those moments:)

    this has lovely colors and reflections. Welcome to daily painters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne, congratulations!you know I'm a big fan of your work, and as a fan, I suggest you don't listen to that little voice!!!lol; your work is great and you are very talented. We all feel insecure from time to time, I know I do, almost every week. I guess it's an occupational hazard.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!