Thursday, September 18, 2008

MUGSTACK


6 X 8
Oil on board
$200
6 x 8"

I think I'm getting the hang of this now. I've got 4 dailies going—which is why I didn't post yesterday. And little by little, I'm beginning to see the importance of working in layers. I knew it was smart and I certainly admired the artists who work that way, but I'm so stubborn I didn't want to change my process, which has been a loose version of wet on wet. Silly me. And I couldn't figure out why my work always looked so sloppy! Um...duh!

This was started a long time ago when I thought it was possible to finish a linen piece in one day. I'd abandoned it. But it was at a stage that made it perfect to finish in one day! Anyway, this is still not up to snuff for me. I don't know what kind of standard the idiot voice is holding me up to, but I can only get better by continuing to work. And work I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!