Friday, September 12, 2008

THE PUP


18 x 18"
Oil on canvas
SOLD

Another commission as daily times 3 again. It seems everything happens at once. The Daily Painter's accepted my blog and I am so excited I can't seem to paint! Fifty plus paintings in, I'm thinkin' I'm set. I can do this. No biggie. Then I get accepted and I'm painting like it's my first day in kindergarten and I lost my crayons! To be expected. The trick is not making a big deal out of it and press on. Let the ego/idiot voice do it's evil dance until it exhausts itself. I'm busy working. I am very happy and excited about this new phase of my career as a fine artist! It felt like Christmas eve last night!

Still have some bright work to do but drying is necessary so I'll jump on something else. I now understand the wisdom and necessity of having a few dailies going at one time. This little guy is just so amazing I'm considering adding to the family. Devlin needs a little furry sibling to keep him young. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!