Thursday, December 11, 2008

RUNNING IN MUD


11X14"
oil on canvas
SOLD

I'm posting yet another commission from the recent past. I just can't seem to get caught up! The hubs had, what turned out to be, a minor health scare, but facing the possibility that it wasn't minor sure took the wind out of one's sails. I'm on high-appreciation alert and plan to stay there for quite a bit. Obviously, painting took a back seat. He's fine now, thank God, and I guess I'm showing signs of normalcy as I accused him of hogging the remote last night. I did find out that nothing I do still doesn't matter unless he's there to see it. A truly amazing man.

Anyway, the dailies I've got going are still very wet and it looks as though it'll be weeks before they even think about drying enough to continue on. The medium I'm using really extends drying time. I'm all jammed up about the varnishing issue. The voice is screeching "hack!" The house is a mess. It's been raining for a week. I'm behind on commissions but!... the graphic design job is actually going to print tomorrow. Arrrrghhhhh!

And why, at a time like this, do I feel I need to re-think my whole approach to painting and art? I'm haunted. I have angst! I'm back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!