Thursday, February 12, 2009

GRAPES


36X24"
oil on canvas
$350

Another oldie but goodie or perhaps..."just ok." The commission "Archie" is done but, when I went to shoot it, I discovered that the copy board just ain't workin'. It was after dark when I completed him so I was forced to shoot him on the board. Oh my! All detail and nuance lost in the dreaded, over-whelming, red, yellow glow of indoor lighting. Jumped online and Googled. Everything pointed to outdoor natural light. Hmmm. Where did the idea from the copy board come from? Oh well, I'm sure it will come in handy for something. I'll take an outdoor shot and re-post him on the morrow.

This is from a time when I thought painting objects up close and personal in a realistic fashion was what being an artist was all about. Chops. I was into chops in a big way. Still am I spose, but working every day is leading me in another direction. Can't wait till I get there, but the journey sure if enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!