Thursday, August 21, 2008

Embracing Sloth

Eckhart Tolle says if I decide to sit, unproductive in front of the computer, watching reruns of "Life" with Detective Charlie Crews and "In Plain Sight" with Mary Shannon while lovingly embracing a big honking bowl of popcorn (94% fat free with spray butter, didn't want to be too hedonistic) that I should embrace that. No thoughts of regret and no I "should be" or "shouldn't be's." Be in the moment, whatever is happening and boy was I. Now, who am I to argue with that?

Of course, to be honest, he didn't specify that particular activity—but I got the point. I throughly enjoyed myself. I have a painting going and jump up to work on it every now and then, but today, I am whole heartedly embracing sloth and to be frank, I'm not sure when I'll let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!