Thursday, August 14, 2008

SARONG 1


5 x 7"
Oil on gallery profile canvas
Please contact me thru
www.suzanneberry.com for
purchase info

I found the most beautiful sarong the other day while cleaning out the closet. The fabric is billowy, light and the color of tropical water. I took a lot of shots of the material scrunched up, folded and just mushed. This is my first try at what I hope will be a series. I'm thinking these shots might work well as larger pieces. They seem so peaceful they almost whisper and they'd be so much fun to paint. Obviously the first try is ok, but I'll get better as I go along.

Another severe thunderboomer is on its way. Time to batten down the hatches, curl up and read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!