Friday, June 13, 2008

GREEN BOTTLE (in progress)


16 x 20" Oil on canvas
Please contact me through www.suzanneberry.com for purchase info.

Well, how surprised was I to find out I had no small canvasses left for my daily today? Completely! This does tend to happen when one doesnt' keep account of one's stock. So I ordered more and continued work on this piece. Surprisingly, this is the reference I tried to use for my very first 5 x 5" daily! Not
surprisingly, it did not work on such a small canvas, to say nothing of being able to complete it in one day! I seem to by using the word "surprisingly" a lot.

Again, I digress. Obviously there is a lot more to do, but it's shaping up. This kind of painting is like a jigsaw puzzle. Once the pieces start taking shape, showing depth and texture, the image comes together. I can't wait to do the bright work on the bottle and the reflection/shadow. But for now, time for a glass of wine and watching the sun set on the porch with himself.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog, and it's great! You're very ambitious for trying daily paintings, you must have a lot of stamina and endurance. I'm trying to start off down the path to fine arts, mainly because I am having no luck with finding a "real" job and I've always wanted to do something with my art. How did you get started on your own? Did your previous job give you contacts? Where do you show your work besides here and your site? No need to answer all these questions, I'm just lost and hopeful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!