Thursday, May 15, 2008

MELON


I cannot tell a lie. This is an old painting. I'm working on a commission today and am unable to do a daily, but the point is to work, right, which I was, so I thought I'd post a finished piece that I had a shot of.

I had done a series of paintings of melons and had them on the wall in our living room. I did them when I still worked in the world (arrrghh) for fun. Unexpectedly, they were sold when I put them on my website. Who knew?

Since I started dailies, I haven't heard from my resident voice. You know the one, in your head that sometimes takes the form of a parent or perhaps that life class instructor who told you she once thought you were sensitive, but now, watching you work she sees that your just a coward. That voice. I guess I've just been to busy to listen. Maybe that's the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!