Thursday, July 17, 2008

EGG and POTATOES 1


6 x 6"
Oil on museum wrapped linen
Still in progress

Finished up the graphic design job today and got right back to work. It's such an incredible experience working on linen, I couldn't wait to return. Who just said that?

Working almost every day, well, as much as possible, has really had quite the impact on my psyche. Of course this is all ego based, but hey, I have one, so when I feel empty because I haven't done a daily, it's because I have nothing to post and play with and write about and be upset or pleased with. Partly. There's also beginning to be a deep longing for the act of creating! Ok, who just said that?

I'm finding that, like any friendship, any real friendship, the one I'm forming with painting has to be nurtured, cared for and tended to. If I treat the process with respect and kindness the process will return the favor. Around our house, we almost always are polite to each other, saying thank you and please, taking time to appreciating one another. Sounds all gooey and trite, but how else would you treat your best friend? Also does wonders for the 16-year union.

I want to make friends with painting. I spend up to seven hours a day with it, wouldn't it be nice to be grateful instead of whining all the time? As long as I don't personally take credit for what happens, I can sit back and appreciate and enjoy what comes through. This is going to be hard for me because I dearly love whining, but I'm going to foster a shift in my outlook, starting right now. Yeah, I know...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visits to my blog and the comments you leave here are an integral part of my creative process. They are helpful, supportive and well, let's face it, they feel really good! If I don't thank you personally, please allow me to thank you in advance for taking the time to stop by and leave your thoughts, they mean so much!